Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Count of Monte Cristo

We took a drive to Monte Cristo this afternoon on a whim. It take about an hour to get there from our house. It is up Ogden Canyon, past Snow Basin. We missed the fall colors by a couple of weeks, so we made a mental note to get up there around the first of October next year - because it would be beautiful. There was about 8 inches of snow in some places...uggh, winter is at our doorstep. Anyway, I mostly wanted to go up to try out the new camera. Cam and Austin both got haircuts today...hence the faux halk in Austin's hair...whatever.



5 comments:

KIRSTEN said...

Dear new family photographer ... I love your new pics and LOVE LOVE LOVE the faux mowhack!

bmarie said...

I can't believe I have to ask...but how do you do the faded coloring in photoshop or whatever program you use?

Girl Cam said...

Just add a layer, make the new layer black and white, then adjust the opacity to your hearts content. You can do the selective coloring the same way also. Just use the eraser tool to erase the top black and white layer to show the colored picture underneath. You can adjust the pressure of the eraser if you don't want full color. I'm back to photoshop these days...it mysteriously started working again.

The Ericksons said...

I love the pictures. They are awesome. I need a photoshop lesson from you. Tell Spence you need to teach me your tricks instead of working one day soon.

bmarie said...

Photoshop lessons...

I want in, I know some things, but I am just scratching the surface. Is that the right saying?