Sunday, February 27, 2011

Valentines Schmalentines

This year Austin's new preschool (which he totally loves -yay!) was having a big valentines party and he had to come up with a valentines box for the kids to put his valentines in. Austin and I gave it some deep thought (more me than him) and decided to try to concoct some sort of airplane reminiscent to an F-16. Well, this is what we came up with. Dad informed us that the tail fins weren't to scale, but it would do.

On the big day, I was kind of worried about taking Austin to school because he had spent pretty much the entire night coughing and I didn't really want him coughing and spreading germs at school; besides, it is so much easier to feel better when you are at your own house being sick. Well, he acted fine enough to go to school, and he didn't want to miss the festivities, so I told him I'd pick him up after the party was over. He picked out Buzz Lightyear Valentines to give to his friends and ring pops to bring as a class treat. He had a great time, and the jet is still currently residing on our kitchen table full of Valentines treats. We have more treats than we know what to do with. For some reason we seem to collect them, but they never get eaten.

Dad got off work early that day as well and came home to make us a special valentines meal - which was a surprise, thanks dad! - of bacon wrapped chicken and potatoes croquette in the dutch ovens. Mmm, it was fantastic; dad definitely missed his calling as a pit master.

3 comments:

heidi said...

this is so cute!
i LOVE it.
you are so creative!

KIRSTEN said...

When is someone going to teach my hubby to cook?? Chiki thinks frozen french fries and chicken nuggets count ... but I say otherwise :)

KIRSTEN said...

When is someone going to teach my hubby to cook?? Chiki thinks frozen french fries and chicken nuggets count ... but I say otherwise :)

P.S. LOVE the box!