My L&D nurse said they had an unusual number of ladies going into labor that day and we got the very last room. I was dilated to a six when we finally got admitted and then 45 minutes later got the epidural. Can I just say that those are seriously heaven sent? So we got there at 11 and then had the baby at 3:20 which was a heck of a lot faster than Austin was. Aiden came out screaming and didn't stop for seriously 6 hours. He has been a very good baby though...a very normal baby as in he wants to eat every 2 to 3 hours and sleeps all day and is awake all night. He already has a favorite blanky - which happens to be my favorite blanky, but I can share. His birth weight was 7.13 and 20 in. long. When we left the hospital he was 7.2 and we just went to the doc today and he was 7.8 so he is right on track.
So far this has been a lot easier and less traumatic than than the first pregnancy was. Knowing what to expect does wonders to ones mental state. :) I was also very glad that I went into labor on my own rather than being induced which I had been with Austin. That wasn't very enjoyable. I really don't mind staying up all night with him because he is wide awake and just stares at me all night and I think - although he hasn't said yet - that he loves my kisses. Speaking of, I need to go wake him up because he needs to eat. Here are some pics that we've taken of the little dude.
Oh, and Austin absolutely adores him. He wants to kiss his head constantly and he loves to hold him. He told us that when he was in my tummy that he missed him a lot. His reaction was definitely the more preferred reaction for a new baby. He has been really tender and clingy lately rather than being jealous and upset. I hope this is the beginning of a great friendship...(crossing my fingers)!















5 comments:
Congratulations! Glad that things went well. So funny that the person asked you what you were there for when you were that pregnant. Aiden is beautiful!
What a cutie! Congrats you guys!
Congratulations. He's adorable.
I cant wait to meet the newest liitle dude! Love love love the pictures. Austin is going to be a great big brother
so so so cute. i love your pictures, you really are a pro!
he is even cuter in person.
is it too soon to arange a marraige?
Post a Comment